Courtney // Louisville, IL, Senior Photographer based out of Effingham

     Courtney's session by far was one of the coolest yet crazy sessions I have been a part of.  It was like an unreal dream unfolding, but don't worry, we were able to create some super cool vintage, sporty, and casual images for her to cherish the rest of her and her families lives.  I know that overtime she walks by her images, she'll remember her crazy day.
    My sessions usually start off to a great start, you know, getting to the location, meeting the client, laughing at the dumb things I say. But this is how the day went.  Louisville, IL is about 27 miles from Effingham where Loker Photography is based, so to the obvious I was on my way down to Flora (about 5-6 miles away) where my sister-in-law lives. Reason being is I am a stay at home father raising my daughter while my wife works at a funeral home here in Effingham, so I had to have someone watch my daughter for the session.  Ok, time out, I'm always hungry so I had to make a pitstop at McDonald's (real healthy, I know) and get a big couple of burgers and Mcnuggets of squirt. It was that time in the line of McDonald's that I realized a certain, what seemed to be almost sweet smell.  It wasn't coming from the food, and it hit me to look at my SUV engine light to see if it was overheating.  Yes, it was.  I started to get up pretty quickly at that time. So I did what any guy would do, race to my in-laws to drop off squirt and get to a gas station to find some anti-freeze.  So I make a mad dash out to the gas station about 3/4 of a mile down the road, stop and opened up the hood.  Here's where it starts to get interesting.  As, I opened the hood, smoke or better known as steam started rolling out of my SUV. Perfect, I have 15 minutes to get back to Louisville, and start the session and I am stuck at a gas station. I was still hoping to just get anti-freeze and fill it right up and go, but I decided to look under the car and boom.  Antifreeze pouring out of the bottom.
    So, again, I thought real quickly and decided to get a hold of the client. But for some odd reason, I had left the number at home, so I face booked them a quick message to ask them to call me so I could fill them in on the situation.  I was texting people I knew in that area for numbers and about 12 minutes later I received a call from Courtney's mother.  That was exciting enough for the call, but I started in chatting and said, "Is there a way you could pick me up and take me to the session?" Here is where it get's a little bit crazier.  Mom was already on a journey of her own, and she communicated to me that her husband was in a car wreck and needed her, and that the hair and make-up artist they were using was driving Courtney around. Now, I'm still stuck and needed a ride, and I was thinking it'd be easier to cancel the shoot, make sure everyone is alright, but mom's know best and sent a friend of her's to pick me up 45 minutes later to take me to the session that I am now an hour late in starting.
    Ok, let's speed things up here.  I'll be honest, I'm bad with names, so I have no idea who picked me up and my equipment, but he was a good friend and previous volleyball coach for Courtney.  I finally made it to the starting place where we choose a beautiful small pond with colorful fall red, orange, and yellow tree leaves in the background.  Here' is where I had to speed up on my session to accomplish the most I could with what outside time was left.  We had about 20 minutes at this location creating beautiful images for Courtney and it was time to pack and leave to the next locations.
    Blah, blah, blah, we packed up in the Hair and Make-Up Artists' vehicle and jumped in her suv, and cranked the vehicle and "wait for it" NOTHING! hahah One more thing to make this session a crazy journey for what seemed was never ending. At this point, we were lucky that courtney's coach who picked me up stayed, even though we were fine (well, thought we were).  He pulled out the cables, jumped the car and boom, back on  track.
   I can't complain, it was just one of those days that when things seem bad (in which some bad things did happen like the truck accident--btw dad was soar but safe), that we had to just laugh and move forwards.  Somehow, we managed to create all the images that we could and did a simple session in Effingham to make sure we had enough images for viewing (in which it was almost canceled due to weather).
    All in all, I was super pleased with how their family came to my rescue, dad was safe, Courtney looked awesome in her images, all the while able to smile and have a great time.  So glad I was able to meet them and create images to last a life time on their walls and designer album and prints for them to cherish and laugh at the day we had the best, crazy, windy senior session ever!!

Check out the images below to see what you think. Please follow us on all social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ www.lokerphotography.blogspot.com and www.lokerphotography.com).





Fall Senior pictures by water

field

Louisville, IL Sports photography

senior pictures sky

Comments

Popular Posts