I'd like you to meet Jill Hagler the Organizer // Effingham Photography by Nathan Loker

Taking Business to the Next Level

Business, as I have learned, is not just a click of a button. Who knew, right? I learned in college my biggest weakness was structure and that is exactly what business is. Being mostly art minded or ADHD, it is hard to create that structure. I have been working on this for the last 10 years since I've realized this is something that is vital to any aspect in life.  With that said, I knew in order to take my business to the next level, I had to do something about it. I took a leap of faith and jumped.

It was last fall, I realized I needed some help if I wanted to grow the business and stay home with my 2 kids. So, I asked a friend if she could watch the kids a few hours a week. This gave me a chance to meet with clients, do some photo shoots, & work on other aspects of the business without interruptions from my adorable children. She rocks.  She is perfect for when I can't just sit and play all day (but who doesn't want to play?), which means, my kids get great attention and leadership from Miss Jill.  With her being a mother, she gets it.

When Miss Jill started helping with the kids, we were both open to the idea of adding to her duties. Fast forward a few months, and now Jill has increasing her role at Loker Photography. She has been assisting with some office work, managing my social media, and continuing to watch my kids. I am extremely blessed to call Jill not only a friend, but my mini boss (ha). She keeps me on task and helps me to align my life so I can work smarter and not harder. Why re-create the wheel if someone has already done it? My business is now more organized than I ever thought it could be. I can now work smarter and not harder, pick up more jobs all the while knowing my kids are in great hands.

What makes me giggle (but I know I need it) is how organized she is and she understands what I say in picture form and creates me tasks lists, step by step guides to each of my jobs that I do (and as a small studio owner it's around 20 different roles all summed up in 1). She is helping me get my life back.  She is doing more in a month of structuring me than I have in 3 years.

Another thing I learned in college is I am a team player. It is so hard to play a game with only one person and that is what I have been struggling with. Now with her help, I actually have someone to brainstorm with, to talk through challenges and work with in education and growth of my job.

So, if you hear from Jill on my behalf, tell her hello & wish her good luck!  She is my new social media guru and knows how to rock it out of this world. Tell her how wonderful she is :) She so deserves it.




Comments

Popular Posts