LP Off Camera Flash // Effingham, IL Photographer

    At one time, I would have said teaching is silly and I would never do it! Well, time has changed and I actually love teaching.  Teaching what you may ask? Anything that I can, I'd say!
   I just recently went to a workshop in St. Louis and loved it of course, and I can only imagine one day that might be me leading a class.   But anyways, I have met some friends from previous workshops in Dallas and St. Charles, MO and was able to meet up again to work with a friend (one-on-one) with off camera flash.  Don't let flash scare you, really, it's simple and rewarding and fun to create with! The way I shoot, I shoot for drama in the lighting like shadows and of course I go for color! That might be an ADHD thing but oh well. Haha
     We started at Union Station and ended up going down by the arch to a place where the homeless live in tents or on the ground.  As I was shooting one of our models, 3 cops show up and pick on me some and scared me honestly, because I was not ready for it. But one of the cops was just plain goofy and fun and told me to watch it cause I could get robbed or mugged! I'm amazed we didn't! I honestly didn't think of it since I lived in the suburbs of St. Louis for 5 years.  I had a blast teaching and shooting and of course we were all goofy together!
     Check out a few of the images we created!



Off camera flash workshop

Loker Photography Lighting workshop



Comments

Popular Posts