Paige Oltman & Fra // Effingham, IL Photographer


     Paige was a last minute senior session.  She just graduated high school from St. Anthony here in Effingham this spring of 2013.  From what I could tell from meeting her was that she was a shy and reserved person, but come to find out, she is a dare devil. What also was impressive about her family is the fact that they housed a foreign exchange student nick named Fra.  He is from Italy (which is one of the many places I'd love to visit).  So, for the first session we had Paige and Fra. It's always fun getting to shoot the first few pictures because for a few reasons it's weird all of a sudden being behind a camera and then smiling at someone you really don't know at the time.  But it came easy for the both of them.  I wished I had more time connecting and chatting with them just to listen to their stories! I guess if I did so much chatting, I'd never accomplish much but I simply just act a little goofy so they feel at ease behind the lens.  
    At Paige's second session, I agreed to meet at her house and shoot.  It was quite fun as I pulled in the drive way being greeted by her father.  I simply pointed out that I am early--he simply states, "For what?" Haha.  Come to find out they just tell him things here and there on a need to know basis.  As I entered the house, it was filled with other young friends and family.  They are a busy household with stuff happening all the time! If you want to know where your kids are, just have everyone over.  That's what I'd like to happen.  But anyways, her session at her home was awesome, this was a more causal less hassle portraits taken simply in her yard! 
    As you can tell from viewing their portraits below, they both rocked it! I couldn't have been happier to capture these moments and meeting two wonderful young people.  I may never see Fra again but from what I can tell, he'll be fine and do great things in Italy.  Same to Paige, I'll probably see her from time to time here in Effingham, knowing that she'll succeed in college and eventually her career.  






















Comments

Popular Posts